Friday, June 30, 2006

Where are you?

Having an Internet Only Radio station has it's challenges.

What makes a person want to visit a site that streams music?
There are thousands of Internet music streamers to choose from! How does one get somebody, hell, anybody to listen?

For many to find a streaming station requires the time and patience to "search" for the sound that grabs you long enough to listen, then listen some more. Human's are an odd sort. We have the ability to move on to something else if we don't like what we are hearing or seeing at a particular moment.

Today, the amount of choices we have for anything we do or want to do is enourmous! From what we wear to what we hear, see and do, we have hundreds, if not thousands of alternatives.

Technology has made this world a literal global village. Because Steve.FM broadcasts from Seattle, Washington....in the United States, doesn't mean the listener's are only from Seattle or nearby.....Steve.FM has listener's on a regular basis from Europe, South America, Asia and of course, our great neighbor's to the north in Canada. Have I missed anyone?

So how does Steve.FM stand out from the crowd and build it's audience so more people can enjoy what we play? You tell us. Steve is not just my name....It really is a state of mind.

If you've made it this far into the Steve.FM website and actually enjoy listening to the music on the stream, tell me how to make this site and stream even better. Email me at mail@steve.fm

If Steve.FM is a place you like to visit on a regular basis and like the music the way it is, tell your friends.

I enjoy what I'm doing (It's therapy for me). I've been involved in playing music on terrestrial radio stations for decades. In those stations, I didn't really have a choice what music was played. Here, I do.

Hey, here in the United States we are embarking on yet another holiday weekend. Wherever you are, Steve.FM just hopes you're enjoying life. Enjoy the music and may there be peace in the world.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Steve,

here is a note from Germany...since you ask what makes your stream stand out from others and what makes me chose to listen to yours.

Well first of all, about ten years ago I spend a bit more than a year in Olympia, till I was seventeen. I love rock and alternative music and there is NO regular radio stations in Germany that play only one certain type of music. What they do all day long is to play commercials, enoying games with listeners and stuff like Britney Spears...
In search for good music I found steve.FM. What I like is the combination of good music and your website which is fun to visit. I have the impression of being a bit closer to Seattle and WA. Especially you weblog is fun. Thanks!!!!!!!!!!! Keep on like this!
Jasmin, Darmstadt, Germany

7:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What does make Steve.fm unique? Easy.
Music that you cannot listen to in regular radio stations. Makes my music taste even better everyday learning that there is well done music around. Keep Going On, Steve.fm

7:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Steve,

I finally tracked down your radio station which I am listening to right now as I type this. I am listening in Brisbane, Queensland, Australia and actually enjoy your selection of music. I was surprised that there was no talking like non-internet stations - is there a reason for this?

Good to catch up with you.

Lesley Smitheringale

2:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home